Yoga Basics For Beginners to De-Stress
Need to De-Stress? Try some Yoga basics for beginners starting with the Healing Sun Salutation. Not only will it help you to de-stress by definitely help you with achieving flat abs and that yoga butt with these feel-good moves.
The Plan Hold each pose for the same amount of time. Start by spending one breath (one inhale and one exhale) in each pose. If that feels rushed, spend 3 to 5 breaths (one inhale and one exhale) 3 to 5 times in each pose.
1. Stand with your big toes touching, heels slightly apart.
2. Lift your kneecaps and roll your thighs inward, tucking your tailbone underneath you and rolling your shoulder blades down your back. Let your arms hang at your sides, palms facing forward. You may raise your arms above your head.
3. Lift the crown of your head toward the ceiling.
1. Keeping your legs straight, fold your torso towards your thighs.
2. Rest your fingertips or palms on the floor. If you cannot reach, place your palms on your calves.
This resembles the “up” position of a pushup, with your arms extended and your legs straight out behind your. Your body is in one straight, diagonal line from your head to your heels.
1. Begin in plank.
2. Bend your elbows and lower your body in a straight line toward the floor.
3. Hover about 2 inches above the floor with your elbows bent and pressing in toward your body, your upper arms in line with your torso.
1. Begin in cobra.
2. Push down into your hands, straightening your arms and lifting your hips and thighs off the floor.
3. Arch your chest upward. Keep the tops of your feet firmly planted on the floor.
Downward Facing Dog:
1. Begin in plank.
2. Lift your hips toward the ceiling so that your body makes an upside-down V shape with your feet flat on the floor, your hands turned slightly inward with fingers spread, and your arms extended.
Source: Pepper Tharp
You must log in to post a comment.