Sweet Potato Fries recipe
Another Superfood I must share with you are sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes aren’t just a Thanksgiving favorite; they’re an outstanding source of carotenoids (including beta-carotene), as well as vitamin C, calcium, and potassium. Sweet potatoes can also help reduce LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, lower high blood pressure, fight cataracts and age-related macular degeneration, and boost your resistance to colds and infections. Other good sources of beta-carotene include carrots and apricots.
Quick recipe for Sweet Potato Fries and delicious!
1. Peel and cut lengthwise 4 sweet potatoes
2. Toss in 1 tablespoon of italian olive oil
3. Sprinkle a little bit of sea salt and cinnamon, if you want to be a bit creative, and toss some more
4. Preheat oven to 450 and place cookie sheet in oven while it’s getting hot
5. Once oven is ready, open oven slowly and pour sweet potatoes on to cookie pan. They will sizzle a little
6. Cook for about 15 minute, then flip and cook for about another 15 making sure they don’t burn.
7. Serve hot, add a little more salt to taste and enjoy.
They will be gone before you know it!