Sweet Potato Biscuits
Sweet potato biscuits are a delicious fall side on any holiday plate. Warm and chewy with a subtle sweetness, they are hard to resist! Whip some up for Thanksgiving with this Miss O and Friend’s recipe!
-1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
-2 tablespoons sugar
-4 teaspoons baking powder
-½ teaspoon salt
-¾ cup mashed sweet potatoes (already cooked)
-¼ cup softened butter (about half a stick)
-3 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 degrees Celsius).
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the sweet potatoes with the butter.
4. Combine the mixtures to form the dough.
5. Add one tablespoon of milk, and stir until it is fully mixed in. Repeat with the other 2 tablespoons.
6. Lightly toss the dough until it looks smooth. Flatten it until it is about ½ inch thick, and cut the dough with a biscuit cutter.
7. Place the biscuits on a greased sheet, and put a pat of butter on their tops.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
Written by Caroline Gerrard– a Miss O & Friends member
You must log in to post a comment.