It’s important to stay hydrated in the summertime heat. This we know. And we definitely vow to drink our fair share of H2O this season. But when you’re lounging poolside nothing fits into those sweaty palms better than a refreshing cocktail. Step up your mixology game with these 15 fresh, tropical summer cocktails.
: This popular Mexican drink is a delightfully refreshing and sophisticated complement to spicy Mexican food. (via Drizzle and Dip
: Show your World Cup spirit with this Brazilian cocktail, which consists of Cachaça (alcohol made from sugarcane juice), freshly squeezed lime juice and sugar. Be careful with these. They are as strong as they are refreshing. (via What’s Gaby Cooking
4. Blood Orange Margarita
: With the current spike in lime prices, margaritas can quickly become a very expensive drink. Substitute limes with blood oranges for a colorful, delicious twist on the classic summer drink. (via White on Rice Couple
6. Roasted Peach Lemonade: Roasted peaches are a summer gift from the gods we will forever be grateful for. Mix all that caramelized goodness with lemonade and an alcohol of your choice and you have the ultimate refreshing beverage. (via The Naptime Chef)
7. Cherry Caipirissima: Try out this vibrant new take on Caipirinhas that uses cherries, lime and white rum. (via The New York Times)
8. Guava-Granate Punch: This super quick cocktail is a simple mix of guava kombucha, light rum, pomegranate seeds and fresh mint. (via Bubble Girl Bakes)
9. Campari Mojito: Muddle together fresh mint with lime juice and rum in a pitcher and stir in Campari. Pour over ice and top with tonic water. (via The Kitchn)
10. Summer Night Cocktail: Pineapple and cucumber juice, fresh mint and white rum. I mean, can you really go wrong with a combo like that? (via A Beautiful Mess)
11. Raspberry Sangria: A new spin on a classic summer staple. This recipe, using mint, white wine and raspberries, is sure to be a crowd pleaser. (via Turmeric ‘n’ Spice)
12. Key Lime Melon Spritzer: This bright orange drink is tart and sweet with a fizzy finish! We think this one was made to sip poolside. (via Sweet and Savory by Shinee)
13. Watermelon Coconut Cocktail: This summertime favorite is full of pureed strawberries and watermelon, zesty lime and refreshing coconut water. Make it a little bit sweeter with agave nectar and white rum. (via Munchin With Munchkin)
14. Dragonfruit Margarita: Dragonfruit may look scary but in reality it is simply a mild and creamy fruit similar to a kiwi – without the tart finish. If you’re going to experiment with an exotic fruit we think doing it in margarita form is a good way to go. (via Style Me Pretty)
15. Habanero Ginger Beergarita: If summer isn’t hot enough for you turn up the heat with this tropical drink that has a spicy twist. The heat comes from a homemade habanero-infused vodka. (via According to Elle)
What is your favorite summer cocktail? Share with us in the comments!