Stopping Bullying: Most Important Tips
When Your Child Is Bullied: Real Solutions for Families: A book for parents by parents ( www.amazon.com)
By: J.E. DiMarco and M.K. Newman
- Do not tell your child to ignore the bullying
- Reassure your child that he/she will be protected and you will not stop until there is a complete solution in place
- Document all facts of each instance of bullying
- Develop a plan to stop the bullying with the school. Work respectfully and collaboratively, but aggressively with the school to develop a plan. Make certain you, as the parent, lead the solution and play a very active role.
- Use all of your community resources:
a. School social workers/guidance counselors
d. School Board
e. School nurse
h. Members of law enforcement
- Act quickly, comprehensively and early. The longer the bullying goes on, the more difficult the situation becomes for your child and your family.
- There are real solutions that work, be persistent
- Never: allow your child to participate in “peer to peer resolution”, this only re-victimizes the victim and angers the bully
Visit www.solutionsforbullying.com for free resources and tools for parents and educators. Our book is available on amazon.com
You must log in to post a comment.