Quick Party Foods
Written by Cheri Brennan
Any good party planner must come up with a set of good party food ideas. You simply can’t have a great party without great food. You can have a perfect theme, creative decorations and snappy music, but if the food is sub-par, your party is sub-par. No matter what the occasion, everyone loves socializing with friends and family while munching on something yummy. Your guests will be happy if their fingers are busy and their stomachs are satisfied.
Great party food can be everything from a lavish formal meal to a catered buffet to a platter of simple sandwiches. The food can be the most important component of a successful party so make sure you are prepared. Even if it is a simple affair, your guests will appreciate a good spread. Keep your reputation as a good host/hostess and don’t disappoint your guests.
Simplify the planning of your menu by familiarizing yourself as much as possible with the favorite foods of your guests. If you’re expecting a more adventurous crowd, explore tropical or exotic foods such as Caribbean, Mediterranean or Asian. If your guest list leans more toward the conservative side, sick to the basic staples of meat, vegetable and potato dishes. No matter the occasion, there is something for everyone. So don’t worry, have a feast with the various party food ideas!
A perfect combination of tasty treats, creative decor and toe tapping music will put you on track for a perfect party. There are several important considerations when pulling together your party menu, but the general rule is to keep it quick and easy. Here are some quick party food ideas to help you set up the stage.
Quick & Easy Party Food:
1. Lucky Lime drinks: Start by putting two small scoops of lime sherbet in a glass beer mug. Pour 7up over the sherbet and fill the mug. Then add a blob of sweetened whipped cream along with colorful sugar sprinkles. Finish it off with a green maraschino cherry to give your drink that out of the ordinary look.
2. Quick mini pizzas: Italian finger food is always a big hit. Impress your guests and bring out your creativity with mini-pizzas. Prepare the pizza dough in advance and give it a few minutes on the grill. When the bottom is golden brown, flip it. Generously spread your favorite toppings, cover with plenty of cheese and cover the grill for a few minutes to cook the toppings and melt the cheese.
3. Lip-smacking Herbed Chevre Spread topping: Smooth this tasty topping on wheat crackers or toasted baguette. Left over bagels work great and you can even use it as a spread for sandwiches. Alternately you can serve it as a dip with slices of apples, pineapple, grapes or pears.
4. Tantalizing White Chocolate Mousse: Fill desert bowls with white chocolate mouse and drizzle with sparkling white vodka syrup. To make the syrup, place butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water until melted. Stir gently to combine, remove from heat. Add vodka to cooled syrup, then place in a blender with the silver leaf and blend for a few seconds until leaf is broken into small flakes. Top each mousse with sparkling syrup just before serving.
5. Platters of fresh fruit: Use fruits like mango, banana, cherries, pineapple, or apple cut into small cubes and topped off with sweetened whipped cream. These are easy to prepare and look quiet presentable. An edible fruit arrangement will look pretty as a centerpiece for a brunch party and will also get gobbled up in no time.
You must log in to post a comment.