Dress Up Your Popcorn Recipe
Everyone knows that popcorn is great on its own, but did you know just how many popcorn topping ideas are out there? The options truly are endless! And the wonderful thing about popcorn is that it can be savory or sweet–whatever you are in the mood for. Keep on reading for fun ways to dress up a bowl of plain popcorn. You’ll never look at popcorn the same way again!
For something savory, try adding hot sauce to your popcorn. Pizza popcorn is another great snack. All you need is popcorn, butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, oregano, and basil. Feel free to switch out some of the ingredients for your own personal favorites. For another savory idea, try sprinkling some dill and lemon over your popcorn.
If you have a sweet tooth, below are 3 delicious (and easy) recipes for dessert popcorn.
Red Velvet Popcorn
You’ve tried red velvet cake, cupcakes, and pancakes. These days, just about everything comes in a red velvet variation! But you probably haven’t had red velvet popcorn. It tastes as yummy as it sounds! For this recipe, you’ll need to have a baked red velvet cake on hand.
• 8 cups popped popcorn
• 3 cups red velvet cake crumbs
• 20 oz white chocolate
1. Melt the white chocolate.
2. Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
3. Pour the popcorn onto waxed paper.
4. Now, for the fun part. Sprinkle red velvet crumbs over the popcorn! Mix it all together and let it dry completely before chowing down.
Oreo Popcorn (Cookies and Cream)
Oreos and popcorn! What could possibly be better than two of your favorite treats put together?
• 9 cups popped popcorn
• 20 Oreos, finely crushed
• 24 oz white chocolate
1. Melt the white chocolate until completely melted and smooth.
2. Drizzle the white chocolate over popcorn.
3. Add in finely crushed Oreo crumbs to the popcorn to evenly distribute.
4. Let the melted hot chocolate set.
Time to dig in!
Snickers Chocolate Popcorn
If you love Snickers chocolate or just chocolate in general, then this recipe is perfect for you!
• 8 cups of popped popcorn
• 1 cup butter
• 2 cups brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda Snickers bars, chopped (Amount depends on your preference)
1. Preheat oven to 200°. Over medium heat boil butter, brown sugar, and salt for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
3. Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat completely.
4. Transfer to wax paper.
5. Transfer popcorn into a large pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes. Make sure to stir every 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and stir in the chopped Snickers. Return to oven for 2 more minutes to let the Snickers pieces melt.
7. Remove from pan and transfer popcorn back to wax paper to let cool.
Enjoy! The next time you have a girl’s night in or are assigned to bring a yummy dessert to a party, you’re all set! What’s your favorite way to dress up your popcorn? How do you like yours–sweet, salty, or both? Let us know in the comments below!
More snack recipes