Halloween Bash: Food
Planning a Halloween bash this weekend?
Here’s some great ideas you must read! (All written by girls too!)
Everything orange and black! Oranges, orange soda, black licorice, dark grapes, grape juice, macaroni and cheese, cheese curls, orange sherbet, root beer, carrot sticks, raisins, orange Jell-O, candy “dirt” (crushed up Oreos) . . . you get the idea.
- Make a yummy punch by mixing orange juice with ginger ale or club soda and decorate with those little plastic spiders you can find at party goods stores (CAUTION: make sure your guests know they’re not edible! And make sure any younger guests don’t accidentally swallow them!!!)
- Arrange carrots and “cukes” into a clever pumpkin design with dips for the eyes and the nose. Friends will love to snack on the carrots!
- Wanna freak out your friends? Place a bowl of peeled grapes on the food table . . . they taste great, but they LOOK like EYEBALLS!
Ask your parents to help you with major cooking projects, but make sure to incorporate the official Halloween food into your party spread in some way. Pumpkin pie is soooo good!
- “Punch up” your punch bowl: fill a plastic glove with water, tie it off at the bottom, where your hand would go, and put it in the freezer. Once it’s set, take it out, peel away the glove, wash it off and let it float in the punch bowl!
- Give a “hand” to popcorn: again, buy disposable plastic gloves (the kind they use in cafeterias). Put a red jelly bean into each finger, and then fill the glove with popped popcorn and tie the bottom closed. It looks like a hand with painted fingernails, and makes a yummy snack! Bonus idea: buy some cheapy fake rings at a party goods store and put ’em on the, ahem, finger food.
- Make caramel apples.Try this recipe submitted by missmack!
- Serve small cups of tomato soup, but call it “Blood Soup.” Gross, huh?
- Make a variety of sandwiches – cheese, PB&J, bologna, etc. – and use a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter to cut the sammies into a cool shape!
All articles are written by girls!
You must log in to post a comment.