Getaroom.com Offers Summer Travel Tips
- Book in advance for the best rates on airfare and hotel stays. Getaroom.com features discounts for advanced bookings of 14 to 21 days.
- Travel on the slower days of the week including Saturday, Tuesday, or Wednesday for lower airfare and less headaches.
- Look for properties offering free food for kids – many properties are luring in families with freebies this summer.
- Take advantage of lower July and August rates in New York, Washington DC, Miami and New Orleans. Business travel is lighter which means more bargains for leisure travelers.
- Unless you simply have to travel, try to avoid the Memorial Day or Independence Day holidays. Book a trip the week before or after a holiday for a smoother time.
- Consider Las Vegas or Palm Springs for two destinations that are very warm but offer outstanding hotel and golf deals for the summer.
- Find unpublished rates through Getaroom.com for discounts of 10 to 20 percent off the listed rates.
- Look carefully at the cost benefits of flying versus driving, especially for shorter or mid-distance trips. Driving costs money through high gas prices and it also costs precious time. Don’t spend half of the trip driving in misery.
- Use technology! Various apps can help you find the cheapest gas and the best places to eat on a budget. Navigation apps can take you off the highway to experience a slower pace.
- Pack lightly when flying to avoid checked baggage fees. Unless you are going to a remote jungle, you can always pick up clothing or essentials at your destination.
- Research European destinations to find less crowded areas such as Croatia, Scandinavia, and Poland.
“Summer travel will always be busy, but it doesn’t have to be hectic,” said Robert B. Diener, President and Co-Founder of Getaroom.com. “We encourage travelers to thoroughly plan ahead and travel on certain days to enjoy smaller crowds and a better experience. Our call center features experienced staff that are available 24/7 to help with summer excursions.”
You must log in to post a comment.