Great tasting and easy pumpkin pie recipe
Easy pumpkin pie recipe
This is a great-tasting easy pumpkin pie recipe, spiced to perfection with ginger, cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg. Serve this pie with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with a little cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar.
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Makes 8 Servings
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9-inch)
- whipped cream or whipped topping, for garnish
Combine pumpkin, sugar, salt, spices, and flour in a medium mixing bowl. Add eggs; mix well. Add evaporated milk, water, and vanilla; mix well. Pour into pastry-lined pie pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350° and bake about 35 minutes longer, or until center is set.
Source: By Diana Rattray,
You must log in to post a comment.