Love chocolate cake anytime of the year? Here is a super easy chocolate cake recipe that you should try. The chocolately taste mixed with the moistness of the cake is divine!
Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe
Are you always suffering from a never-ending-craving for a yummy chocolate cake? But, duh! It takes hours to prepare it! Well, not anymore! Here is a easy chocolate cake recipe with some quick preps!
Write a review
- 1 3/4 cup of self raising flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups of caster sugar (substitute: Blend granulated sugar until it becomes super-fine!)
- 1/4 pound)of butter (Preferably softened)
- 4 eggs
- 1-teaspoon of baking powder
- 1-teaspoon of lemon juice (substitute: vinegar. Don’t worry, it won’t spoil the taste but activates the baking powder!)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a baking tray and dust some flour in it so that your cake comes out easily.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl. It’s better if you sift baking powder too. Mix well!
- Take a separate mixing bowl and whisk egg whites. Set it aside.
- Take one more separate bowl and beat butter with caster sugar until it becomes fluffy!
- Add the dried ingredients (flour, baking bowder & cocoa powder) in the butter and sugar mix. Then add egg yolks and lemon juice. Mix.
- Now, add the above mixture into fluffed egg whites. ‘Fold’ slowly with a spatula.
- Now pour this mixture into the baking tray and bake for 45 minutes.
- Check: If the cake springs back on a slight touch then voilà your cake is ready!
- Pour some liquified chocolate on your cake or garnish it with Oreos or MnMs etc!
- Tip: Skip steps 2-6. Add everything into a mixing bowl. Mix on high for 4-5 minutes. Bake.
- Want to bake a marble cake? Follow all the steps but DO NOT add cocoa powder yet! Divide the mix into two parts. Add cocoa powder in one part ONLY! Now, pour a layer of the non-cocoa part into the baking tray. Pour a second layer of cocoa part. Then, pour a layer of non-cocoa again and so on. Take a skewer and make random patterns with it in the tray. Bake.
Moms with Girls https://momswithgirls.com/